February 4, 2020
Lanier Technical College is accepting applications for a Federal Work Study Student Affairs Assistant on the Barrow County Campus. The responsibility of this position is to help assist with the front desk reception area. Additional responsibilities may include answering phone lines for the college, transferring calls to various departments, greeting walk-in visitors, students, faculty and staff and assisting them with general questions. Responsibilities may also include filing, making copies and general office duties.
- Must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid on file for the 19-20 aid year.
- Must be registered for the current term, and must meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Applicants should be neat in appearance and possess the ability to work well with others.
- Applicants must be dependable, punctual, and be able to work the required hours each week.
- As with all LTC employees, a background investigation is required which may include, but is not limited to, a review and/or verification of criminal history records, motor/vehicle driver’s history records, employment history, references, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines.
- Microsoft Office basics.
20 hours per week at $8.50 per hour.
Open until filled.
If you are interested in this position, fill out the Federal Work Study Application and return it to the financial aid office.