February 4, 2020
Lanier Technical College is accepting applications for Federal Work Study Peer Tutors on the Hall and Forsyth Campuses during evening hours.
Peer tutors will attend an orientation and good practice session assist fellow students with English grammar, usage, punctuation, mechanics, and essay development reinforce knowledge and skills presented in their English courses maintain tutoring session reports.
- Must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid on file for the current aid year.
- Must be registered for the current term, and must meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Applicants should be neat in appearance and possess the ability to work well with others.
- Applicants must be dependable, punctual, and be able to work the required hours each week.
- As with all LTC employees, a background investigation is required which may include, but is not limited to, a review and/or verification of criminal history records, motor/vehicle driver’s history records, employment history, references, etc.
- Earned credit in ENGL 1101 AND either ENGL 1102 or ENGL 2130 (A preferred; B minimum)
- Strong writing sample (original or from completed English coursework)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
20 hours per week at $8.50 per hour.
Open until filled.
If you are interested in this position, fill out the Federal Work Study Application and return it to the financial aid office.