January 24, 2020
Lanier Technical College is accepting applications for a Federal Work Study CIS Laboratory Assistant on the Forsyth Campus during the afternoon and some evening hours. The responsibility of this position is to maintain the computer labs and assist students as needed. Additional responsibilities may include performing general maintenance, housekeeping, and limited office tasks along with other duties as assigned by the CIS staff.
- Must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid on file for the 19-20 aid year.
- Must be registered for the current term, and must meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Applicants should be neat in appearance and possess the ability to work well with others.
- Applicants must be dependable, punctual, and be able to work the required hours each week.
- As with all LTC employees, a background investigation is required which may include, but is not limited to, a review and/or verification of criminal history records, motor/vehicle driver’s history records, employment history, references, etc.
- Knowledge of the configuration of routers and switches
- Ability to install and run cabling
- Ability to install and update software
- Knowledge and ability to install and configure Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
20 hours per week at $8.50 per hour.
Open until filled.
If you are interested in this position, fill out the Federal Work Study Application and return it to the financial aid office.