February 4, 2020
Lanier Technical College has an opening in the Information Technology Department. The IT Assistant position will be on the Hall Campus. The responsibility of this position is to help with basic IT tasks, such as unboxing and setting up of computers, relocation of equipment, and basic troubleshooting of technological issues. Training will be provided. Additional responsibilities may include performing general maintenance, housekeeping, and office tasks along with other duties as directed by the Vice-President of Technology/Chief Information Officer.
- Must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid on file for the current aid year.
- Must be registered for the current term, and must meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Applicants should be neat in appearance and possess the ability to work well with others.
- Applicants must be dependable, punctual, and be able to work the required hours each week.
- As with all LTC employees, a background investigation is required which may include, but is not limited to, a review and/or verification of criminal history records, motor/vehicle driver’s history records, employment history, references, etc.
- Basic computer skills (typing, e-mail, Microsoft Office).
- Basic knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 7 & 10).
- Interested in learning about Information Technology Services.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware.
- Excellent organizational skills.
20 hours per week at $8.50 per hour.
Open until filled.
If you are interested in this position, fill out the Federal Work Study Application and return it to the financial aid office.