Please remember to lock up your vehicle and secure your personal belongings while on campus! Lanier Technical College is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please report any suspicious activity to your campus security officer or Student Affairs office.
Please note that only current Lanier Technical College Students are allowed in classrooms without approval from the Vice President of Academic Affairs or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Student Identification and Parking
All students are required to display a parking tag on their vehicles when on campus. These can be obtained during the first week of class, along with your Student ID. Students should be careful to park only in spaces that are unmarked, not in Visitor or Staff/Reserved spaces.
Students are also required to have a current Student ID Card. You will need an ID to:
- Check-out books in the library
- Make copies and print on campus
- Get discounts at area restaurants and stores
Emergency School Closing Information
In the event that Lanier Technical College will need to close due to weather conditions or any other potential, developing, or existing emergencies, please opt into theLanier Technical College Alert System to receive a text or email. This will be for emergency use only. You must sign up to receive alerts and you may opt out at any time.
LTC eALERT System
Lanier Technical College will also advertise any emergency campus closings on most local television stations. If school is closed for day classes, it is also closed for evening classes.
*For students attending courses at an off-campus site location, please follow the high school or site guidelines for closures
Code of Conduct
It is your responsibility to be aware of and abide by the Code of Conduct in the Catalog and Student Handbook.
Lanier Technical College Police Department
The Lanier Technical College Police Department is a full service, professional law enforcement agency that is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment for students, staff, faculty, and visitors. The Police Department is dedicated to the Community Policing Philosophy; providing pro-active service through inter-departmental and inter-agency collaboration to meet the ever-changing needs of the college community. We welcome input from the college community regarding security issues, needs, and concerns, and pledge to work as partners with the college community to provide quality police and security services.
For your safety, the Lanier Technical College Police Department utilizes sophisticated electronic technology to monitor activity on our campuses. Campuses are monitored by modern surveillance camera systems, emergency call boxes are located in parking areas, and doors are electronically locked and monitored. Police officers patrol each campus and investigate reported crime.
Active Shooter Training Video
Safety Escort Service
The Lanier Technical College Police Department provides officers as a “Safety Escort Service” for any student, faculty, staff member or visitor that wishes an officer to escort them to or from their vehicle. This service operates during the hours the campus is open and can be requested by calling the Police Department at 678-410-4139.
Campus Carry Act
- Must be 21 or over (unless an active military member)
- Applies only to handguns
- Must have valid GA Weapons Carry License or a weapons carry license or permit from a reciprocal state provided that the license carrier is not a GA resident.
- Locations prohibited:
- College or Career Academies (LCCA or Early College)
- Classes with Dual Enrollment students
- Faculty/ Staff and / or administrative offices
- Rooms where disciplinary hearings are conducted
- Must be concealed (carried in such a fashion it does not actively solicit the attention of others /not openly or intentionally displayed. Substantially covered by article of clothing or carried in a bag of nondescript nature.
- It is incumbent upon the weapons carry license holder to know the law and follow it at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the license holder/gun owner to ensure that they have received gun safety training on proper loading, use and carry (including concealed carry) of a firearm. LTC police will not provide firearms training.
- Active shooter training is provided to all students and employees. In the event of an active shooter type occurrence, police will response with the intent of locating and stopping the threat. It is the responsibility of the licensed carrier to clearly identify themselves and immediately obey all instructions given by law enforcement.