June 7, 2021
Description: This is a face to face three-day introduction/review class. It consists of basic algebra skills including the real number system, operations with real numbers, the multiplication and pision rules for exponents, operations with polynomials, factoring, and an introduction to graphing. Study skills, hands-on explorations, and information about the Student Success Center will also be included. Practice problems will be assigned using an eBook from Hawkes publishing at no cost to the student. Class participation is required.
Completing this class does not excuse students from taking MATH 0911B, nor are they allowed to retake a placement test in order to test out of MATH 0911B. The student will receive a certificate of completion if they attend all three days.
Purpose: To encourage, motivate, and support students that have not taken algebra before, students that have been out of school for more than two years, or students that withdrew from or failed MATH 0911B. This class also gives students the opportunity to work with online material using the same format they will use in the MATH 0911B class.
Location: Lanier Technical College, Hall Campus
Days: August 2, 3, 4
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Monday, August 2nd
- Study Skill – Note Taking and Practice, Patience, and Persistence!
- Real Number System
- Real Numbers – Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide
- Exponents – Multiplication Rule, Division Rule
Tuesday, August 3rd
- Study Skill – Overcoming Anxiety
- Polynomials – Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide
- Solve first degree equations.
Wednesday, August 4th
- Study Skill – Preparing to Take a Math Test
- Graphing – Plotting points
- Graphing – Linear Equations using slope, x- and y- intercepts, slope-intercept form of a line
- How to Use Your Calculator
- Student Success Center