August 19, 2019
- Per the Georgia Board of Nursing, must have a minimum of three years of practice as a licensed registered nurse within the preceding seven years. In addition, at least one year of teaching experience in a nursing education program included in the required three years of nursing practice.
- Unencumbered professional nursing license (Georgia).
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional education policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of accreditation standards on faculty workloads; institutional costs, enrollment, and student retention;
- Knowledge of college advising/registration systems, transfer, financial aid, and student support programs, policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of trends, issues and changes to nursing curriculum and academic success strategies;
- Knowledge of educational technology and job-related software programs;
- Effective skill in the supervision of personnel;
- Effectiveness in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions;
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to the implementation of diverse pedagogical techniques including the integration of instructional technology and service learning into the teaching/learning environment;
- Effective skill in oral and written communication.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addition to minimum qualifications and competencies):
- Experience with the accreditation of educational nursing programs; • Previous postsecondary work or teaching experience in a Nursing Program.
- Master’s degree in Nursing required from a regionally accredited college or university is required.
Is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives as well as maintaining full approval through the Georgia Board of Nursing for the Practical Nursing Diploma. Also responsible for leading the nursing program in achieving programmatic accreditation approval by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN.) Success in this position contributes to the effectiveness of the college’s College Completion program.
- Work closely with other program directors, faculty members, and instructional staff to ensure overall quality of the academic program;
- Serve on the Senior Staff, and other standing and special committees.
- Monitor adherence to professional standards and accreditation and insures compliance with accreditation standards.
- Prepares reports, surveys, department guidelines and evaluation reports for regulating agencies and site visits and self-studies, which include but not limited to Academic Affairs policies provided by the Technical College System of Georgia, the Georgia Board of Nursing and ACEN accreditation standards;
- Monitor and assist in construction of the nursing department budget for personnel, travel, materials, advertising materials, equipment and supplies, printing and publications, contracts, and lease/rental contracts.
- Conduct and/or coordinate annual evaluations of faculty and support staff within the nursing department.
- Develops clinical sites and prepares affiliation agreements for submission to college administration;
- Recommend new staff and faculty hires to the Dean, VPAA, and President for approval.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders on priorities and programs identified through the school and college strategic planning processes.
- Perform related duties as required by Supervisor. State of GA benefits include: A choice of retirement plans (Georgia State Employees’ Pension and Savings Plan or Teachers’ Ret.
This is a full-time, benefit-eligible, salaried position. NOTE: A background and reference check are part of the selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 770-533-6903 or email@example.com if any assistance/accommodation is needed in the application/interview process.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Allied Health
SALARY: Mid to Upper $70’s depending on education, qualifications, and experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter, copy of licensure, and official transcripts via our online job center at: Team Georgia Careers.
Lanier Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those circumstances permitted or mandated by law).