New Dual Enrollment students are defined as ones who have been accepted to Lanier Technical College for the upcoming semester. If you are interested in Dual Enrollment, but have not yet applied, please visit the Admissions Process section of the Dual Enrollment page to get started.
- Inform your counselor of your acceptance to Lanier Technical College. Your counselor may wish to complete an Advisement Worksheet to inform you of the courses you are authorized to take through Dual Enrollment and will be required to input your approved courses directly into the GAfutures Single View. Dual enrollment course selections/schedules must receive counselor approval prior to completing the registration process
- Meet with your Dual Enrollment Coordinator. Accepted students are required to meet with their assigned DE Coordinator every semester in-person, virtual, or via phone in order to be registered for classes at Lanier Technical College.
Before your scheduled meeting, please be sure you
- discuss your schedule with your high school counselor or home study official
- complete a student participation form and funding application via https://www.gafutures.org/
- know the days/times you may take your courses with Lanier Technical College. Check out the Course Schedule online to help you plan.
If you are attending courses taught at the high school location, Ivester Early College, or Lanier College and Career Academy, you must discuss all schedule changes with the site representative.
- Complete the New Student Orientation All new Dual Enrollment students are required to attend an orientation session prior to beginning courses with Lanier Technical College.
You are only required to attend the new student orientation session prior to your first semester at Lanier Technical College.
If you are attending courses taught at the high school location, Ivester Early College, or Lanier College and Career Academy, you may discuss orientation events with the site representative.