Dual Enrollment Admissions Checklist – printable pdf
- Meet with your high school counselor/home school official. It is important that you and your parent/guardian speak with your counselor to determine if the Dual Enrollment program is the right fit for you and also to ensure that you will meet the eligibility requirements and timelines set by your school district and/or Lanier Technical College.
- Apply Online here. Select “Dual Enrollment” for Application Type. The application fee is waived for students applying for Dual Enrollment. Make note of your Login ID and PIN so you may check your admissions status throughout the process.
- Select Interdisciplinary Studies as your program of study if you are interested in taking core classes such as Math, English, History, to satisfy your high school graduation requirements.
- Select the appropriate certificate program if you know that you would like to participate in a specific pathway of study offered at Lanier Technical College.
- Dual Enrollment students are not eligible candidates for Competitive Access Programs including Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Associate of Science in Nursing, Practical Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiologic Technology, and Surgical Technology. They may complete the prerequisite courses through the Interdisciplinary Studies program for future consideration into those programs.
- Provide your high school transcript. All applicants to the Dual Enrollment program are required to submit a current, in-progress high school transcript as part of the application. You may request your transcript through GAfutures.org or as required by your high school.
- Submit College Placement Scores. This may include one or more of the following:
- HOPE GPA or PSAT: Request for your high school counselor to submit verification of your HOPE GPA of a 2.6 or higher after completion of 10th grade or your PSAT scores. You may view your current HOPE GPA on GA Futures.
- SAT, ACT, or AP: Send official copies of your SAT or ACT scores directly from the testing agency. If you complete an AP Exam, you must request the official AP scores from the testing agency. (SAT Code:7289 or ACT code: 7096) Students are encouraged to send all scores from all testing sessions. Lanier Technical College will evaluate the highest SAT, ACT, PSAT or ACCUPLACER test scores for placement.
- Schedule an ACCUPLACER Testing Session. Students are allowed two attempts per academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer) to make the minimum score requirement and must complete a 30 day wait period between each testing session.
- Check that your test scores meet eligibility requirements. Applicants must meet the minimum test score requirements for their program of study in order to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program. To view the minimum score requirements, please view the Dual Enrollment Admissions Testing Scores.
- Check your admission status online. Any outstanding documents required for your application will be listed and should be submitted to avoid delays to your acceptance. Once your application is Complete it will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee for their determination. This process may take several weeks and your patience is appreciated. It may be checked at: https://bannerss.laniertech.edu/pls/ban8/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon and will require the Login ID and PIN created when you initially applied.
- Check your email. Lanier Technical College will send a variety of emails to applicants, including notification of Acceptance. Please read carefully as these emails will include important information on next steps and the opportunity to register for classes!
***Please add email@example.com to the safe sender list in your potential email account so communication and information arrives without potential issue or delay!***
We thank you for choosing Lanier Technical College as your educational partner!
For additional information you may contact the Dual Enrollment Team at